how to buy
Call us, we believe it’s best to be able to talk directly to everyone placing an order. That way we can get a feel for what you want and get you the guitar that fits your needs best. We can do a lot with email, but the time it takes us to answer by typing is time away from the bench.
To get the guitar started we require a 50% deposit of the total price. The remainder is due upon completion before we ship it to you. Shipping and a 6% sales tax for Iowa residents are additional. The deposit is non-refundable. We accept all major credit cards, check or money order.
so you want one…
When you’re ready, give us a call and we’ll go over your order with you, lay out the costs, determine how long it will take, and take payment.
Feel free to email any inquiries or off the wall requests, we try to respond as soon as we can but can't type with speed so hang tight and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
We ask you to kindly reserve phone calls for when you are ready to place an order, or are really close to ready. The time spent on the phone is time away from the bench and we strive to fill our orders in as timely a fashion as possible. That being said, as a small operation, we enjoy getting to know our customers and feel that in doing so we can create a guitar that suits your individual needs and will enhance your BilT experience.
things you should know
- We require a 50% deposit to get your guitar started, with the remainder due before we ship. Right now our turnaround times are about 4-6 weeks.
- The deposit is non-refundable.
- Iowa residents are subject to a local 6% sales tax.
- UPS ground in the lower 48 runs around $75.
- For international shipping we use USPS Priority Global Insured for full value.
- BilT Guitars builds almost every guitar to order, so we generally don’t have a ton floating around.
- Sorry, no dealers. We build each guitar to order